Role- NDT Quality Inspector
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £33,850- £50,800 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will carry out duties as a Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Quality Inspector working as part of a cross functional team within Production Quality.
Successful Candidates will be responsible to:
- Carry out Radiography (2D, wet film, digital, Computed Tomography) inspection duties to meet programme demand and deliver continuous improvement in product quality.
- Carry out duties to support the Safe System of Work for Radiography.
- Support delivery of technical assessments using appropriate methodologies.
- Accept or reject finished items.
- Report inspection results to those responsible for products.
- Work to company deadlines and targets to time, quality and cost.
- Engage with the wider team, relevant AWE stakeholders and other functions to enhance inspection techniques. Inspect final products to ensure they are manufactured to a high standard.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, it is desirable that the candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- ASNT or PCN Qualification in Radiography to level 1 or 2.
- A Level or NVQ standard.
- Previous experience in a Quality Control role.
- Sound workshop experience in the application of inspection quality tools and techniques, production activities and processes.
- Inspection practices, interpretation of detailed drawings, use of inspection equipment, setting up of components/assemblies.