Role - Estate Transport Planning Lead
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £54,600-£86,000 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Technical lead for all matters relating to transport planning in respect of estate policy estate strategy and operational matters. Reporting to the Group Leader of Estate Strategy and Planning
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Prepare required transport documentation in support of planning applications and gain acceptance from external stakeholders.
- Ensure contractors prepare and implement Construction Traffic Management Plans (CTMPs) in accordance with WBC transport policies.
- Provide transport planning elements of the estate master plan and assist with implementation.
- Prepare and implement site gate access and car parking management strategies to minimise impact on the public highway.
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders on day-to-day site transport operations. Implement, maintain, and update the AWE Travel.
- Plan and prepare the transport elements of the AWE Local Development Orders.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Degree - Transport Planning / Geography / Civil Engineering discipline or equivalent Chartered membership of transport planning related Professional Institute.
- Highly experienced in working on the transport elements of development planning.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a highly complex capital programme, interpret and challenge project requirements to ensure transport strategies can be successfully negotiated through regulators and local stakeholders.
- Proven track record of agreeing the transport elements of planning applications for large, complex, and highly regulated / licensed sites (preferably nuclear) with external stakeholders.
- Understand and able to interpret the results of key software used in the transport development planning process.
- Vast experience of working with Government organisations.
- Successful implementation of Travel Plans where targets have been met
- Proven track record of successfully implementing transport strategies on large, complex, and highly regulated / licensed sites.