BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is seeking an experienced Solution Architect to join our growing National Security and Defence team in Canberra. You will bring a strong understanding of mainstream and emerging technologies with a flair for innovative approaches to business problems. Broad experience across networking and software will see you directly contributing to the work of securing of our nation.
Please note that this role requires a minimum NV2 Security clearance with a preference for PV.
What You will do:
- Engage clients across the full solution lifecycle addressing their most important challenges from proposal to in-service realisation
- Define and lead the development of solution architectures in collaboration with other design team members
- Retain overall ownership of solutions through delivery and transition into operation
- Ensure designs meet key functional and non-functional requirements
- Own and manage technical and solution risks working to reduce and mitigate at earliest opportunity
- Assure and represent the work of our engineering teams to local and global engineering executive
- Lead early design and estimation efforts to rapidly develop an understanding of potential solution costs and delivery timescales in support of business winning
- Understand and leverage BAE Systems experience, IP and expertise, with support of product and proposition experts, to conceive and deliver solutions to our clients and transfer mature FVEY capability to Australia
What we are looking for:
A broad range of technical skills, knowledge and leadership;
- Experience working within and across security domains
- Deep knowledge and experience with cloud technology including complex application and data migration to Cloud platforms (Azure and AWS)
- Advising clients and teams throughout the delivery phase on complex solutions
- Ability to lead, influence and guide analysts, developers and engineers to achieve your vision
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Experience contributing to tender responses and general pre-sales activities
- Experience working across a variety of delivery styles e.g. agile, lean, iterative/incremental, waterfall
- Experience working with Government systems and senior stakeholders
- 10+ years hands-on in networking, engineering and/or software development and 5+ years architecture / design experience
- Familiarity with architectural frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachmann) and modelling.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.