IT Test Engineer
The Information Technology (IT) department oversees the IT and business software infrastructure for our business which is a key to enabler to ensure we can deliver high quality solutions to meet the needs of our customers.
The IT Test Engineer will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting on the quality of planned new software and infrastructure solutions to meet our continuously evolving business and technological needs.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Ability to create comprehensive test plans
- Ability to create comprehensive test execution reports
- Ability to manage key stakeholder relationships
- Ability to research enterprise level software solutions and their relevant use cases required for meeting BAE AI business needs
- Able to understand complex business requirements to design suitable test case lists
- Able to interpret project documentation beyond requirements, such as designs, in order to determine test scope and scenarios
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience of investigating root causes of discovered issues
- Ability to evaluate test results against business requirements
- Defect Tracking and Knowledge Management software (Atlassian JIRA and Confluence preferred)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to adapt to a wide range of IT technologies
Desirable competencies and experience
- Knowledge or prior experience with networking, cloud, virtualisation, data centre or enterprise and collaboration technologies
- Knowledge of enterprise level IT solutions such as MS Teams, Sharepoint, SAP etc
- Experience with the risk-based testing approach
- Appreciation of NFRs such as security and performance
- Experience with computer network troubleshooting
- Competitive benefits package including share incentives, family private health care etc.
- Training and development opportunities
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.