What to expect
This role will focus on the future development and management of textiles and fibre based materials.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Lead projects that develop the next generation of textiles for application throughout the cabin.
* Manage nominated textile and fibre materials to PSW.
* Provide support to STA and Engineering for any manufacturing, warranty, and customer complaints associated with textiles and fibre based materials.
* Identify opportunities for JLR to collaborate with other industries / academia in the area of textile development
* Provide technical expertise in textile and fibre manufacture, application and problem solving.
* Keep up with current and developing engineering trends with a particular focus on achieving Net Zero Carbon.
* Contribute to continuous improvement activities
* Support Design, Engineering, Purchasing and Program colleagues through knowledge sharing and a mentoring approach.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Significant experience and knowledge in the field of yarn, fibre and textile manufacture
* Significant experience of working in an engineering or automotive environment and have built up a broad understanding of many elements of working in this sector
* Significant knowledge of engineering planning and delivery processes
* Proven ability to lead a resolution of the key technical issues within a team environment
* Ability to effectively explain complex ideas, confidently presenting these to stakeholders at all levels and functions
* Experience of textile performance testing
* Experience in research, development and application of textiles
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Knowledge in the field of carpet and other fibre manufacturing.