What to expect
The purpose of this role is to work on the design, development, testing, supplier management and introduction of new systems and components (Springs, Damper, Modules, Mounts, Bushes, Air Supply). The role will also deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time and lead on the technical content and integrity of specific systems and components across specific programmes
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the physical BOM via the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS) / iCreate
* Deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (eAPQP) deliverables
* Assist in the Management of Change Requests, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
* Work with vehicle and component test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams to resolve issues.
* Resolution of issues with component engineering and vehicle attribute teams to develop designs that meet targets
* Ensure all appropriate Jaguar Land Rover standards are met through-out design maturation
* Ensure all programme design solutions meet:
* Programme targets for cost and weight
* Legal regulations and Requirements Management & Design Verification documentation (DVPs / RMDV)
* Keep all Module documentation up to date including meeting minutes
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Engineering foundational knowledge / principles.
* Previous experience of managing resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team / AGILE environment
* A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management methods.
* Proficient with JLR systems: iCreate, WERS, PACN, RPS, RMDV, DVP, AIMS, eAPQP
* Good communication and interpersonal skills, with influencing and engagement skills
* Suspension System knowledge.
* CAD (Catia v6) capable.