What to expect
The Chassis Suspension Function Group is responsible for developing and delivering suspension systems such as, Active Suspension, Active Roll Control, Adaptive Damping and Air Suspension. The purpose of this role is to lead on the technical content and integration of spring and damper modules into specific vehicle programmes
The main purpose of this role is to support the delivery of suspension system tuning components, sub-systems and systems into vehicle programmes. Most of these components, subsystems and systems shall be physical hardware. Examples are spring and damper modules, coil springs, dampers, air springs, spring aids and damper topmounts. The prime focus of this role will be the integration of, and ownership of a selection of these components.
The individual will work with Project leads and technical specialists to ensure that valid content is specified, to manage specific elements of the supplier delivery against this specification and arrange verification activity to support the vehicle program which meets the programme requirements for quality, cost and time.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the delivery of the component or sub-system to meet the business requirements on time with appropriate quality and at the right cost
* Contribute to the negotiation and agreement of targets for the component or sub-system and ensure all programme deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway
* Ensure timely development of engineering solutions to deliver the targets. Manage this for all your components and the spring damper module to enable virtual CAE and physical testing to the plan
* Take ownership of any engineering issues on the components and modules you own to develop and validate the design solutions with stakeholders
* Work closely with your customers and stakeholders to ensure component designs provide a quality assembly
* Develop a strategy for component interfaces within the spring and damper modules with support from subject matter experts
* Make use of appropriate engineering tools, hand calculations, 3D Model development and failure mode avoidance techniques to develop the engineering designs
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* A working knowledge of the systems and/or components to which this role covers.
* A technical background which is relevant to suspension systems and components
* Some experience of planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS)
* Experience of delivering projects and contributing to strategy development
* Demonstrable skills in target negotiation with stakeholders
* Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
* Previous experience within engineering or programme planning departments
* Practical experience of working with suspension tuning technologies
* Working knowledge of Vehicle Dynamics theory
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
* Previous demonstrable experience in the JLR systems that are required for this role.