Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
You don’t need any prior experience in this industry, or any technical know-how, just curiosity, a great attitude, and an eagerness to learn. As part of an amazing team, you’ll learn from the best.
As part of the team, we'll teach you how to connect our customers to a whole range of services, inside our exchanges. You'll learn how we ensure brilliant service for our 2,3,4 and 5G customers at our external radio sites and how we keep everything running smoothly.
You'll pick up one of two key skills:
Electronics Technician - our electronics technicians work in our telephone exchanges and data centres. Your main duties will involve maintaining, installing, and repairing cabling and equipment which supports our customers.
RAN Technician - our radio access network technicians ensure the mobile network that we look after is operating as our customers would expect. A key part of this role will involve climbing high structures including masts and towers.
Some things may seem difficult until you are shown how to do them, and we are all about keeping things simple. This is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door and to kick-start your career with us, so why not grab the opportunity to play a key role in the future of the UK - our core network is at the heart of our nation!
So, if working in an office day in and out is not for you, if you like the idea of variety where no 2 days are the same and you are quick to pick up new things, why not take the first step to a great new career?
We have opportunities across England, Scotland, and Wales.
You'll have the following responsibilities
An important part of Field Engineering is leading by example, be that coaching and supporting new individuals, through to truly living by the Field Engineering values. As a member of the Field Engineering team, you are expected to uphold the Field Engineering and BT values, leading by example throughout your career with us whilst being an integral part of your wider team.
- Support in ownership of designated patch and sites to contribute towards area, regional and unit objectives
- Risk assessment for health and safety
- Raising of issues / risks to more senior individuals to facilitate change
- Conducts work efficiently with support of senior engineering colleagues
- Understanding of what is expected and proactively take opportunities to increase own skills to support the team's work
- Speaks up when observing opportunities to improve the process in work area
- Individuals’ hold responsibility for monitoring, actioning, and meeting all required compliance (including health surveillance, such as rigging medical) if required. In addition to this they are expected to be fully presentable at all times wearing provided corporate clothing for the role.
- Must be able to fulfil the physical requirements of the role i.e. able to bend, stretch, kneel, and crouch. Also must be able to climb, work at floor and ceiling level inside buildings, tower structures and roadside infrastructure, lift heavy drums/cables and recognise coloured wiring.
- Individuals will be required to hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
You'll have the following skills & experience
- Self-Starting: Using their own initiative to drive the actions required from both themselves and wider team
- Ownership: Ability to support in owning and delivering tasks, activities, and resources. Works with the wider team to understand priorities across the unit
- Communication: Able to communicate clearly and precisely through a variety of methods in any given circumstance or location
- Problem Solving: The ability to deal with a variety of issues and effectively implement solutions as required
- ICT Literacy: Confident user of MS Office suite, especially MS Word, Excel, and Outlook (e-mail)
- Teamwork: Supports the wider team to understand the patch and regional requirements
- Basic Maths and English skills – non specified GCSE grade. Basic entrance test
- Physically able to climb ladders, bend, kneel and stretch
- Climbing - able to work at heights when required on rooftops, masts, and mono poles
- Climbing - passing an internal medical will be required for basic fitness levels to be confirmed
- Able to differentiate colours accurately
- Full driving licence required
- Full health and safety training and equipment will be provided
Competitive starting salary of £27k
Call-out allowance & overtime opportunities
London weighting allowance for eligible colleagues
22 days’ annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
Pension (5% you 10% BT) and Share options available.
Flexible benefits to fit around you (Your Rewards)
Discounted mobile phone plans up-to 50% off
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!