WHAT TO EXPECT:
The successful candidate will work as part of a team, led by the Transmissions programme manager. The employee will lead the planning & control of design & development expenditure for automatic transmissions, working closely with the development teams and suppliers to agree the budgetary requirements and spend profiles.
The employee will work with programme finance and business planning to ensure the budget is deliverable and that all orders are raised, approved and invoiced on time to meet the programme requirements.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
* Work with Powertrain Strategy to align programme line up content, creating roll out reports for planning purposes.
* Brief suppliers on project scope and any programme content changes, analysing for any cost impact.
* Support the negotiation of programme delivery costs with main Transmission suppliers, obtaining input from relevant stakeholders , where required.
* Work alongside Business Planning and associated Delivery Buyers to agree and plan for department spend.
* Raise programme attribute change notifications (PACNs) for any additional spend requests/spend alignments.
* Ensuring accurate shopping carts are raised by Business Planning in SAP.
* Monitoring the overall department budget.
* Chair weekly spend decision meeting with Senior Management.
* Plan and prepare documentation to support accurate departmental spend with Finance teams at each FY quarter.
* Review content of Programme Direction Letters (PDLs) and feed into initial Programme Agreement Sheet (PAS) responses for TFLE (Tooling, Facilities, Launch, Engineering) requests at the beginning of a Programme - specifically for Design & Development (D&D) costs.
* Assist Business Planning to provide yearly spend forecast information for Senior Management.
* Awareness of potential design change requests being raised by Engineering that will incur additional costs - working closely with Transmission Software & Calibration teams.
* Monitor SAP shopping cart status and ensure carts are being confirmed by the relevant Engineers to ensure Suppliers can invoice on time.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* A good financial planning & control background.
* Proficient in Excel.
* Attention to detail and organised, with the ability to work collaboratively as well as largely independently.
* Strong project coordination capabilities with the ability to multitask.
* A positive constructive attitude and willingness to learn.
* Good communication and presentation skills.
* Knowledge and experience of using RADS & SAP.
* Familiar with Redbook and how to operate it.
* Knowledge of automatic transmissions and automotive industry.
* Liaison with internal departments & external suppliers.