About The Team
A successful candidate for this role will work in Digital Intelligence’s Malaysian engineering centre where you will be part of a Java development team working on the design, development and build of our Financial services product suites.. You will have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts from both KL and the UK with opportunities to rotate to various different projects in line with business needs and your own career development goals.
What you will be doing:
The role of the Lead Software Engineer (Java) is to manage and own the delivery of product teams in SNA engineering team. This role take ownership of one or more areas of delivery within the product umbrella and provide leadership and mentoring to junior resources. This role owns the agile processes and if needed participates in ceremonies like Refinements, Planning and has a good knowledge of the technologies and tools associated with developing and deploying the product.
We are looking for a dynamic professional who has a flair for learning and working in a fast paced organisation. The ideal candidate should be a fast learner and should be able to work independently and self-motivated individual. Should be proactive problem solver with great analytical skills.
- Participates in the technical workshops during the refinements and planning, delivering the commitments in each sprint.
- Work with the product management team to deliver what is demanded in the Initiative / Epic.
- Drive the Stories / tasks that are going to be a smaller increment which will add value to the product, provide technical assistance if needed to solve impediments
- Be responsible for what was delivered and own the deliverables
- Support the Engineering team by guiding them the right process (agile) and tools to use that supports the delivery
Additionally will be directly accountable to
- Mentor and train the junior team members
- Performance / people management
- Recruitment and team management
- Assisting product owners and product management
- The candidate will be a professional, with a minimum of 10-15 years’ experience, and will enjoy the challenge of working in a dynamic and technically challenging environment.
- Previous knowledge of developing software using Java technologies, creating test environments that covers BDD / TDD.
- Previous experience in leading a team from Business requirement until the delivery.
- Good knowledge of SQL and in-depth experience of Databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
- Good knowledge of application servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
- Good knowledge of Unix (Solaris, AIX, Linux, HP UX)
- Understanding of Java and J2EE architectures
- Good understanding or experience with Docker and other Containerization technologies
- Able to analyse issues and define high level solutions and provide technical strategy recommendations. Extensive technical trouble shooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a determined approach to own work
- Flexibility and ability to take the initiative on issues
- Knowledgeable / awareness in AWS services and other cloud services
- Knowledgeable / awareness in Jenkins and other CI/CD tools
- Ability to manage own time efficiently
- Exposure and familiarity with Agile methodologies Scrum / Kanban
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.