Crafted Quality Leader
- Jaguar Land Rover
- £42000 to £52000 per year
- Closing date
- 30 Jun 2022
- Automation, Automotive, Quality
- Automotive Industry
- Job Type
- Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer
What to expect
Crafted Quality contributes to the perception of quality by a customer, based on Design layout, joint execution and assembly fit and finish throughout the car.
Crafted Quality is a sub-attribute of Perceived Quality, and is one of the 23 attributes in the JLR business. PQ is part of the Body & Chassis Engineering organisation rather than Vehicle Engineering, however, as an attribute there are many links and a close working relationship with Vehicle Engineering. PQ is the level 1 attribute and includes both Crafted Quality and Material Quality level 2 attributes. We work to be the voice of the customer and to exceed their expectation of both Material and Crafted Quality.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Leading the delivery of the JLR Crafted Quality process for a number of vehicle zones in line with programme timing, facilitated by co-ordination and leading of Crafted Quality meetings
* Co-ordinating and facilitating Crafted Quality meetings with cross-functional stakeholders (Design, Engineering, Surfacing, DVA, DSI, AME)
* Escalating Crafted Quality issues that cannot be closed out in Crafted Quality meetings
* Setting & Delivering Crafted Quality targets aligned to PQ Attribute requirements.
* Constantly reviewing the part geometry for alignment with Gap plan.
* Benchmarking competitor vehicles to identify BIC examples and potential solutions to Crafted Quality issues.
* Reviewing Bill of Design and sketchbook documents in support of the Crafted Quality process.
* Working closely with the DVA and Dimensional System departments to oversee the progression of DVA, Locator Strategies and GD&T studies in support of the delivery of the Crafted Quality process.
* Work closely with commodity owners to develop understanding of assembly processes, optimum location strategies and other elements of the sketchbooks as part of delivering world class Crafted Quality.
* Reviewing vehicles, Design properties, surfaces and CAD geometry to identify and track the closure of potential Crafted Quality issues.
* Prioritise interfaces and manage priorities within the CQ process.
* Be able to demonstrate excellent communication, project management skills & team working.
* Work closely with PQ core team to help identify lessons learnt and process improvements.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Previous experience of leading a process with cross-functional stakeholders to drive results.
* Ability to understand and engage different stakeholders from around the business.
* Ability to work closely and support others doing the same job on different vehicles and vehicle zones.
* Ability to present data & issues to a varied audience. Using Power point and CAD 21X
* Experience of Problem Resolution using structured approaches.
* Ability to manage risks and issues.
* Negotiation and adaptability skills.
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning.
* A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas/solutions.
* An effective team player who actively develops and supports other team members.
* A resilient and enthusiastic person who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs.
Desirable experience in the following roles:
Experience in Attribute delivery, Engineering Quality, Lead Engineer, DVA/DSI, Systems Engineering, Project Management, and CAD Visualisation tools.
Innovative. Trusted. Pioneering. These three qualities have always summed up Jaguar Land Rover. They have been encapsulated within the performance, luxury and excellence of all our products. They are what every person working for us lives and breathes.
We have been automotive industry pioneers for more than six decades. Jaguar debuted in 1935. Land Rover made its celebrated entrance in 1948.
From then until now, we have been at the forefront of technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development. Through our revolutionary technologies, performance and craftsmanship, we have pushed the boundaries of what the industry considers possible over and over again. Our efforts have led to some of the most iconic nameplates ever to grace the road.
With an ever-evolving history and exhilarating future, this is the place to drive your pursuit for success. This is where you'll push the boundaries of your potential. This is where you'll put excellence in motion.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert