What to expect
Crafted Quality contributes to the perception of quality by a customer, based on Design layout, joint execution and assembly fit and finish throughout the car.
Crafted Quality is a sub-attribute of Perceived Quality, and is one of the 23 attributes in the JLR business. PQ is part of the Body & Chassis Engineering organisation rather than Vehicle Engineering, however, as an attribute there are many links and a close working relationship with Vehicle Engineering. PQ is the level 1 attribute and includes both Crafted Quality and Material Quality level 2 attributes. We work to be the voice of the customer and to exceed their expectation of both Material and Crafted Quality.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Leading the delivery of the JLR Crafted Quality process for a number of vehicle zones in line with programme timing, facilitated by co-ordination and leading of Crafted Quality meetings
* Co-ordinating and facilitating Crafted Quality meetings with cross-functional stakeholders (Design, Engineering, Surfacing, DVA, DSI, AME)
* Escalating Crafted Quality issues that cannot be closed out in Crafted Quality meetings
* Setting & Delivering Crafted Quality targets aligned to PQ Attribute requirements.
* Constantly reviewing the part geometry for alignment with Gap plan.
* Benchmarking competitor vehicles to identify BIC examples and potential solutions to Crafted Quality issues.
* Reviewing Bill of Design and sketchbook documents in support of the Crafted Quality process.
* Working closely with the DVA and Dimensional System departments to oversee the progression of DVA, Locator Strategies and GD&T studies in support of the delivery of the Crafted Quality process.
* Work closely with commodity owners to develop understanding of assembly processes, optimum location strategies and other elements of the sketchbooks as part of delivering world class Crafted Quality.
* Reviewing vehicles, Design properties, surfaces and CAD geometry to identify and track the closure of potential Crafted Quality issues.
* Prioritise interfaces and manage priorities within the CQ process.
* Be able to demonstrate excellent communication, project management skills & team working.
* Work closely with PQ core team to help identify lessons learnt and process improvements.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Previous experience of leading a process with cross-functional stakeholders to drive results.
* Ability to understand and engage different stakeholders from around the business.
* Ability to work closely and support others doing the same job on different vehicles and vehicle zones.
* Ability to present data & issues to a varied audience. Using Power point and CAD 21X
* Experience of Problem Resolution using structured approaches.
* Ability to manage risks and issues.
* Negotiation and adaptability skills.
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning.
* A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas/solutions.
* An effective team player who actively develops and supports other team members.
* A resilient and enthusiastic person who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs.
Desirable experience in the following roles:
Experience in Attribute delivery, Engineering Quality, Lead Engineer, DVA/DSI, Systems Engineering, Project Management, and CAD Visualisation tools.