What to expect
Chassis is responsible for the design, development and integration of all chassis functions from Programme Start to Job1 across all vehicle platforms. Chassis functions include all the functions related within the chassis domain of the vehicle: brakes, stability control, steering, suspension, longitudinal or lateral motion control, etc…
The Functional Safety & Cyber Security Team, within the Chassis Engineering department is responsible for analysing the risk associated with chassis systems technologies, deriving engineering mitigations and the sub-system, system & vehicle level testing thereof.
The vacancy offers the opportunity to work on, and contribute to the delivery of state-of-the-art automotive chassis engineering technologies such as brakes Systems, steering Systems, active suspension systems and vehicle motion control to support Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Lead the Cyber Security activities for chassis features and technologies in accordance with the internal JLR lifecycle.
* Liaise with the Chassis team's interfacing departments such as ADAS and powertrain to ensure a seamless embodiment of cyber security requirements.
* Engage with Subject Matter Experts, Lead Engineers and Technical Specialists to drive cultural change and cyber security awareness within the team in pursuit of technical excellence and efficient delivery.
* Liaise and build relationships with suppliers.
* Organise internal (JLR) and/or external (with suppliers) review meetings when needed.
* Support test engineers regarding Verification & Validation of cyber security requirements & goals.
Key Performance Indicators
* Compilation of Security Plan, Item Definition, Threat Analysis & Risk Assessment, Functional/Technical Security Concept, Security Goal Validation Plan & Report and Security Case Report.
* System Interaction analyses.
* System Functional and Physical Architecture - Liaise with architecture teams to maintain alignment with the specified programmes, as well as electrical and physical vehicle architecture.
* Lead cross-functional technical reviews on the systems.
* Adhere to the defined Cyber Security engineering process.
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Significant experience of applying a Cyber Security lifecycle within industry e.g Automotive, IT.
* Excellent team-working, organisation and communication skills.
* Self-motivated and able to work to a high standard with minimum supervision.
* Flexible approach.
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* Knowledge of Chassis Systems.
* Knowledge of vehicle electrical architecture and networks.
* Working experience of Systems Engineering.
* Experience in working to an AGILE methodology.