What to expect
This role sits within the Motion Systems & Software Integration Team. The role will provide Product Ownership of the "Virtual Test Platform", define Epics/Features, and author Stories to oversee the Virtual Model in the Loop (MIL) and Hardware in the Loop (HIL) testing of Chassis systems.
The Motion Systems & Software Integration team is responsible for the engineering of Chassis Systems such as: ABS, Suspension Controls, Terrain Response, Vehicle Motion Control, Steering Controls.
The Product Owner will solicit Software and Systems test requirements from customers and work with the HIL and Virtual Test architects to establish a test strategy that supports the design verification plan (DVP).
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Develop Test Strategies for emerging technologies
* Ensure virtual tools and HIL rig coverage for future model changes
* Ensure full preparation of test facility and/or test parts to enable effective and timely data delivery.
* Provide technical advice and guidance on collection and measurement of data. To collate, manipulate and interpret data which will be used to inform engineering decisions
* Oversee commissioning and acceptance testing of measurement equipment
* To support continuous improvement activity with the goal of improving test efficiency and/or product quality
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
● Technical expertise and experience of HIL rig test facility or virtual testing (e.g. MIL, SIL).
● Experienced with virtual tools methods using MATLAB, Simulink, or HIL testing using dSpace tools or similar.
● Ability to collect and summarise customer requirements and align work with strategic themes.
● Data analysis and reporting of test data.
● Six Sigma, Black Belt or Green Belt Training and certification.
● Knowledge of Chassis components that will interface with the test rigs.
● Proficient in the use and application of a programming / scripting language (C/C++, python, Java, or similar)
● Educated to Degree level in a Systems, Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic or related field.