Senior Java Software Engineer
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur (MY)
- Closing date
- 15 Jul 2022
- Design, Project Engineering, Other
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Senior & Chartered Engineer
Software Engineer Role for Customer Engineering
The Digital Intelligence business of BAE Systems delivers solutions which help to protect and enhance the connected world. Our solutions combine large scale data exploitation, ‘intelligence-grade’ security and complex services and solutions integration. We operate in four key domains of expertise: Cyber Security, Financial Crime, National Threat Defence and Digital Transformation.
- Perform environment setups, reproducing issues, analysis, design, coding, unit testing and support for delivery based projects assigned to Customer Engineering team based in Kuala Lumpur.
- Acquire Product Knowledge, adapting that knowledge into project support work and sharing the knowledge amongst peers (local and global).
- Provide estimation for engineering task based on delivery project assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Deliver on time for task that has an agreed scope and commitment with the delivery based project owners.
- Update progress of assigned task diligently via JIRA and submit weekly reports on time to Engineering Manager.
- Having 4 to 10 years’ experience in Java Enterprise development work consisting of both Front End and Back End hands on support.
- Have experienced in projects driven with Agile methodology (Kanban) is an advantage.
- Capable of effective communication.
- Result Oriented Person.
- Core Java
- Core Spring Framework
- Core Hibernate
- Unit Testing Framework
- Building SQL statements
Nice to have
- NodeJS, ReactJS
- SVN, GIT
- Jboss Application Server, Websphere Application Server
- AWS EC2
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert