What to expect
Vehicle Dynamics, Suspension Systems, Compliant Mounts, Wheels and Tyres.
To provide an exceptional driving experience, every chassis component needs be honed to perfection.
This role supports the delivery of the Vehicle Dynamics customer experience through maintaining the hardware of engineering development vehicles, attribute demonstrators and FEU/GLVs.
The VeD Vehicle and Parts Management Engineer is a pivotal member of the Dynamics team, being responsible for planning and ensuring delivery of hardware updates across the full fleet of VeD development properties.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Raising parts orders and chasing through the system
* Storing and recording parts
* Receiving parts from goods inwards
* Collecting parts from JLR sites
* Managing RIS updates on vehicles
* Controlling VeD Stores & parts labelling
* Supplying tuning parts to vehicles and storing parts removed
* Preparation of ADVs with correct hardware
* Controlling wheel and tyre stock
* Raising job cards
* Management of workshop priorities
* Updating S-Tracker for all vehicles
* Post test cleaning, checking & repairing
* Benchmark vehicle booking & procurement
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience of automotive chassis engineering and vehicle dynamics gained in an OEM or First Tier supplier environment
* Experience of vehicle parts management, ordering and logistics
* Excellent team-working, organisation and communication skills able to adapt into a multi-disciplinary environment
* Experience with hardware management on development vehicles
* Self-motivated and able to work to a high standard with minimum supervision.
* Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure and beyond normal working hours when required.
* Experience of Vehicle Dynamics development and Chassis systems
* Experience with use of JLR Parts toolset (FMS, WERS, RPS, Stores)
* Experience of managing data through Tableau