Role - Senior Manager - Business Operations
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £74,000- £85,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
You will be accountable for leading a team within Enterprise Excellence as well as defining and delivering a plan for deploying and embedding Enterprise Excellence across the Business that aligns and delivers the Business goals resulting in improved mission success and workforce engagement.
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Acting as an enabler of change on both a strategic and tactical level to support delivery of the AWE vision and mission through effective application of process improvement principles and methodologies, including the provision of facilitation support, coaching and expertise to the organisation on improvement activities.
- Maintain and promote high standards in Quality, HSE, Quality and Enterprise Excellence.
- Definition of Enterprise Excellence vision and strategy in support of system, programme, process, or functional delivery.
- Assuring appropriate Enterprise Excellence systems, processes and plans are implemented across all projects and functions to comply with customer, regulatory and business requirements.
- Acting as a role model, coaching, and developing a proactive Excellence culture, sharing best practice principles, highlighting, and rewarding examples to support understanding.
- Support the Head of Enterprise Excellence in stakeholder engagement with the AWE Executive , transformation team, process owners, and the customer and external stakeholder groups to maximize the benefits and opportunities of sharing best practice within the subject matter arena.
- Ensuring the internal 'voice of the customer' and business feedback are managed, communicated, and fully understood by all Enterprise Excellence resource, in order to promote continuous improvement.
- Establishing governance and assessment methodologies which assure Enterprise Excellence standards and implementation of processes comply with customer, regulatory and business requirements.
- Provide direction and leadership on process related improvement activity across AWE. Responsible for ensuring that a cohesive approach is applied in methodology, which supports the achievement of business goals through collaborative working.
- Define and deliver a plan for deploying and embedding Enterprise Excellence across the Business that aligns and delivers to the Businesses goals resulting in improved mission success and workforce engagement.
- Provide local leadership and technical expertise to ensure fit for purpose Excellence across the Business.
- Drive change in culture and behaviours using Excellence principles by continuous application and maturation improve Enterprise Excellence ways of working in the Business.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject and/or a suitable vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) and/or extensive practical experience in an Operational Excellence/ Continuous Improvement/ Manufacturing role, environment, or function.
- Trained in the use of process improvement techniques and/or other related problem-solving tools ideally at Black Belt level or equivalent.
- Maintain and deploy principles of Enterprise Excellence.
- Proven experience developing and introducing new ways of working, delivering appropriate solutions in a cost effective and cost-efficient way.
- Ability to come up with creative and innovative solutions/ways of working/methodologies.
- Proven track record of influencing and engaging with senior management.
- Proven experience of developing and deploying Excellence strategy in a large complex environment. Experience of working with regulators and third-party auditors.
- Experience of leading successful change and transformation.
- Significant experience in Problem solving and Continuous improvement.