AWE's Nuclear Threat Reduction (NTR) division is recruiting for a highly organised, proactive, and strategically minded electronic engineer to coordinate key technical areas of work in support of NTR's Arms Control Verification Research programme. The hiring manager is willing to consider applications from electronic engineers who are at different stages of their careers.
Location - Reading area
Package - £42,000 - £60,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
· Market leading contributory pension scheme
· Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year, including Bank Holidays, plus every other Friday off)
· Flexible working hours
· Salary sacrifice scheme
· Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
· Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
What will you be required to do?
As a Senior Specialist, you will be required to manage technical and administrative activities in support of the Equipment Integrity part of AWE's Arms Control Verification Research programme. You will contribute to research into methods for engineering digital electronic equipment for arms control applications. You will also be responsible for supporting the Technical Sponsor in ensuring delivery of the programme and will be required to interact with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external to AWE. These duties will include the following:
· Coordinating strategic direction of the technical programme
· Maintaining progress against technical roadmap
· Ensuring ESH compliance, e.g., work supervisor for labs
· Supporting incoming graduate placements as part of AWE's graduate scheme
What will you need to be considered?
It is essential that you have the following:
· Extensive experience of digital electronics or software development
· Good stakeholder management skills
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Task/project management experience
· Strong organisational skills
· Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
· A demonstrable ability to solve technical and administrative challenges
Although not essential, we are particularly interested in individuals with the following:
· Knowledge of digital design using microprocessors and field-programmable gate arrays
· Experience of embedded software development
· Experience of developing software for analysis of data and control of equipment
· Experience of formal methods and code verification
· An understanding of electronic and mechanical systems integration
· Experience of printed circuit board design
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.