About The Team
Our Engineering teams build the technologies and business-focused products that solve our clients’ business problems in a scalable and comprehensive way. We are looking for an engineer experienced in all aspects of web-based application development. The successful candidate will be part of the Financial Services Engineering team, which is at the centre of the business’ financial crime prevention and compliance activity. More specifically, they will join the team responsible for our specialized crime detection configuration user interface.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work as part of an agile development team responsible for our specialized crime detection configuration user interface.
- Understand all functional and non-functional requirements, translate these into a solid design and follow through with implementation, code review and testing activities.
- Work towards frequent high quality releases and meet deadlines.
- Introduce new technologies and improve existing code.
- Collaborate with other teams in design workshops.
- Take full responsibility for test-driven development and work effectively with QA.
- Take the initiative and assume ownership for tasks or problems.
- Improve practices and design principles.
- Support our Professional Services delivery teams.
Skills and Experience
- Java EE, Spring, Hibernate
- RESTful API, Web Services, XML
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proven track record of technical design and development as part of a team.
- Good understanding of Software Development lifecycle and best practices (DDD, TDD, BDD, source control, change management, requirements management, release management, environments control)
- Good understanding of one or more Agile development methodologies (Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Good understanding of Automation and Continuous Integration practices
Any of the following are nice to have:
- Databases - Oracle, Postgres
- Tools – Gradle, Ant, Docker, Jenkins
- Test Driven Development – JUnit, Selenium
- Application Servers - JBoss, WildFly, WebSphere, Tomcat
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.