This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing business as a Support Engineer who specialises in our Cross-Domain range of products. We are looking for an enthusiastic and intelligent engineer to join our team to support our growing number of diverse projects. We deliver next generation Cross-Domain solutions for Government and Defence customers.
This role will involve supporting a key International customer, based from BAE Systems offices in Guildford or Gloucester. The role requires a UK national who holds a current SC clearance. The candidate will be required to travel occasionally between the BAE Systems offices for collaboration and training purposes.
The successful candidate will be trained to provide remote support for this Cross-Domain customer as part of a wider Cross-Domain support team. The candidate will liaise with our 3rd and 4th line product support teams, for resolution of complex incidents, patches and to identify opportunities for improvement of our products through future releases.
The candidate may also be required to travel alongside colleagues to the customer site outside of the U.K. in order to carry out maintenance, updates and installations.
The candidate will have the opportunity develop their career within the Cross-Domain domain, gain experience of the wider Cross-Domain suite of solutions, working on systems for secure UK customers, and in time progress to working on implementation and commissioning of solutions for other customers.
- Responsible for third level technical support for our customers.
- Investigation and diagnosis of technical issues raised by customers on their live deployments.
- Liaise with customers to inform of progress, request information, manage expectations and close out issues in a timely manner.
- Log, track and update tickets in our ITSM.
- Creation of procedures for customer implementations where the customer will run the procedure but be supported remotely.
- Be a significant contributor to our knowledge base/FAQ.
- Maintain and manage/support test environments for problem replication.
- Work with Product Engineering and Project teams on customer issues.
- Work closely with key customers to provide a premium level of support and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide feedback on the product and make suggestions for improvement.
- Prepare test cases, release notes, and test releases.
- Contribute ideas toward process improvements to improve the customer experience.
- Able to cover 1 week in 4 for OOHs on call rota.
- Experience working in a technical support or similar environment (Level 3 support).
- Good understanding of customer service.
- Infrastructure experience.
- CCNA or Networking experience.
- Ability to achieve UKIC DV.
- ITIL Foundation.
- Good understanding of cyber security principles.
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities and demands on time.
- Ability to be able to manage customer expectations.
- Be able to self-manage and work autonomously.
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written).
- Strong analytical skills and experience in resolving challenging technical support issues.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Network Firewall Principles.
- Web Application Servers (e.g. one of Jetty, Apache).
- Database (Oracle).
- Hypervisor Technologies (e.g. VMWare).
- Fair understanding of IT hardware principles.
Future Career Progression Opportunities
Beyond your first project assignment, there are opportunities to work with a range of Cross-Domain products, solutions and customers. It will be expected that the candidate be willing to travel to other customer sites to work on installation projects, to provide support and maintenance.
You will be assigned a Career Manager to assist you in your development and training within the business. This role provides an excellent opportunity to experience a wide range of projects and technologies, with customer-facing involvement, allowing you to enhance your skills and knowledge to become a future engineering lead within the business.
There are opportunities to follow career paths in Engineering, Technical Consulting, or Service Delivery.
- Possible Future Roles include: Support Specialist, Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Engineer, Solution Architect, Service Delivery Manager, or Technical Consultant.
- Become a recognised subject matter expert (SME) in Cross-Domain Solutions and actively participate in client engagements.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.