What to expect
To provide an exceptional driving experience, every chassis component needs be honed to perfection.
Software tool development and deployment plays a vital role in supporting Vehicle Dynamics (and wider Chassis team) - enabling robust and rapid engineering decisions when delivering JLR products of the future.
In the role of Scrum Master you will enable the team to efficiently deliver bespoke software tools to understand, process and visualise complex simulation and vehicle data. You will be responsible for enabling the team to deliver on their commitments, efficiently and on-time, as a Scrum team.
The Scrum Master is a highly motivated facilitator for the team. They ensure that the team understands and follows the agreed processes, they swiftly remove obstacles and distractions that may impede the team from meeting their goals. To do this successfully they will need excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with others across the business, escalating and resolving blockers with urgency and tenacity.
The successful candidate will be an Agile advocate and experienced practitioner. They will have prior experience of working in a fast-paced software delivery environment.
* Removing roadblocks and inefficiencies - help the team stay focused on the tasks that need to be done during each sprint. The Scrum Master looks for distractions and roadblocks that can impede progress and tackles them with urgency.
* Leading and facilitating the regular key scrum team meetings (e.g. sprint retrospectives, planning, daily scrums).
* Working with the Product Owner and the Scrum team to foster a culture of continuous improvement - adapting, refining and improving processes where it makes sense to do so.
* Ensuring that team members understand their role, take ownership for their deliverables and understand Agile processes, always aiming for the team to become self-managed.
* Networking with other Scrum Masters, looking for best practise to bring into the team.
* Coaching team members. Working with the Agile Coaches to truly embed the Agile processes
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Prior experience working in a Scrum Master role, ideally in a software delivery team.
* Expert knowledge of Agile principles and their practical application.
* Prior experience of working in a fast-paced software delivery environment.
* Prior experience using Atlassian Jira (including customisation to provide data views / dashboards needed by the team) to efficiently manage team backlog and delivery.
* Experience of coding using a formal object-oriented programming language.
* Experience with cloud computing/platforms (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS).
* Knowledge and/or experience in data management and data governance best practice.
* Working knowledge of vehicle dynamics theory.