What to expect
The successful candidate will join a well established CAE team within the Seating commodity area. The role will be to support seat development across all variants and across all vehicle lines, with tasks including supporting early phase development of new product through to establishing new CAE processes.
* Creation and documentation of CAE modelling techniques and guidelines to enhance the accuracy of load case predictions.
* Develop and implement optimisation techniques to reduce Seating development time and component cost/weight. (Including non-linear load cases)
* Coach others in the implementation of CAE modelling and optimisation techniques and provide technical support to Gaydon and ODEC CAE team.
* Using CAE tools, support the derivation of Seating component test specifications to reduce the risk of failure modes at a system level.
* Lead CAE model correlation to physical tests to ensure model accuracy for onward model year usage.
* Support research and capability growth projects by agreement with Group Leader, Technical Specialists and CoC leads
* Support for improving design and numerical robustness.
* Implementation of intelligent and automated pre & post processing. Usage of scripting may be required.
* Application of DoE techniques for sensitivity and robustness using six sigma methodologies.
* Support improved representation of manufacturing detail into CAE models.
* Support programme delivery of Seating DVP and issue resolution as the need arises
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Working knowledge and experience of CAE methodologies
* Previous experience and background in solving complex technical ideas and challenges
* Previous experience of Safety component/system level development using CAE to meet defined performance targets
* Previous experience of delivering engineering or analytical projects
* Competent in the use of explicit software and associated pre and post processing packages
* Hyper Works, LS DYNA, Oasys (D3Plot, Primer, THis)
* Project and people management skills.
* Experience in proposing product modifications to improve design
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Competent in the use of Digibuck &/or PLM
* Experience in continuous improvements to business processes to support customer service and financial objectives
* Experience working practices relating to CAE methods and processes
* Seating Experience