What to expect
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Software Functional Safety Process Analyst to join our growing team in Gaydon, UK. Chassis Motion Control System (C&MCS) is part of Body and Chassis Commodity Group, in Product Engineering. You will be part of the System and Software Quality Team in C&MCS, designing and implementing safe, deterministic software and ISO26262 compliant processes for our Autonomous, Connected, Electric and Shared architecture of the future.
We are looking for a software functional safety process analyst who has a proven track record within the industry which has driven safety, quality and continue improvement through processes, ways of working, software tooling and software development. The individual must also have a good understanding of designing, developing and configuring production grade systems or particular system components in terms of throughput, availability, scalability and security.
You will be expected to contribute to define change management, configuration management, software development and software verification strategies, etc, in Functional Safety perspectives. You will be expected to support the Software Architect and Software Process Owner / QA in wider business discussion, training, process definition and technical documentation.
You will work within an Agile product development environment focused on creating value for your stakeholders.
* Provide software safety technical expertise in the development of Reliable embedded software solutions.
* Perform Safety analyses at sub-system and software levels, including both inductive and deductiveanalysis methods (e.g. DFMEA, Fault Tree Analysis, DFA inc. both common failure analysis and cascading failure analysis, Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment, etc.), to ensure the compliance with ISO26262 ASIL-D.
* Evaluate software architecture and designs to identify potential failure modes and their effects in support of futher system-level analysis, characteristic/parts classification and other probabilistic safety analysis activities.
* Ensure continuous improvement through effective lessons learned, knowledge capture and process development compliant with ISO26262 ASIL D.
* Participating in audits to maintain departmental and company standards & procedures
* Support software development strategies, software verification strategies and tool qualification strategies (termed "plans" by ISO26262).
* Establish and deploy best technical practice; knowledge transfer in terms of formal training and mentoring.
* Engage with suppliers on safety matters.
* To leverage industry standard techniques and best practices to influence our software development process.
* Work productively as part of a scrum team within an Agile framework, contributing fully to the goals set by the team, ensuring the team is able to deliver what it commits.
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Strong experience in safety and reliability analysis methods and standards will be positively valued, especially Dependent Failure Analysis inc. both common failure analysis and cascading failure analysis, Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis and ISO26262.
* Experience in safety-critical design principles / processes that ensure robust software quality and safety.
* Experience with designing and developing safety-critical software in compliance with automotive, aerospace, industrial automation or medical standards (e.g. IEC61508 SIL-3, ISO26262 ASIL-D or DO-178 level A)
* Experience in authoring Software Safety Requirements Specifications for Safety Critical Software Systems
* Good knowledge of software verification activities such as requirements-based testing and modified condition/decision structural coverage
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to confer complex technical and procedural topics in a clear and concise form, confidently presenting with stakeholders.
* Experience working in multi-discipline teams (Electrical, Mechanical, Control and Hardware) and have a sound understanding of interdisciplinary interaction.
* Prior knowledge/experience working with software Quality Management Systems
* Experience working in Agile and Scrum software development methodologies.