Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Up to£40,000 dependent on experience + bonus and benefits
This role is 37 hours per week, primarily based on site at Bolton, with some flexibility around start/finish times and the ability to work from home on occasion as part of dynamic working arrangements.
This opportunity is for a Senior Test Engineer to join the Manufacturing organisation supporting test and diagnostics of electrical/electronic/RF sub-systems during development and production phases of the product lifecycle. The role sits under the Manufacturing UK Test Engineering functional organisation and is deployed to the Seekers & Datalinks Equipment team, based within our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Bolton.
- Provide Test Engineering support during Design / Development phases from initial concept through to Production Readiness Review and release to Operations.
- Support Test Facility introduction and ensure that appropriate configuration control of equipment and facilities is in place prior to use, including generating supporting test specifications and operator instructions.
- Support to testing of electrical/electronic and RF sub-systems, with diagnosis of production test failures down to circuit card and potentially component level.
- Identification of remedial and corrective actions, in a timely manner allowing Manufacturing to continue production in line with programme and quality requirements.
- Evaluation of technical problems in order to develop proposals for test equipment investigations and corrective actions, including process improvements.
- Working closely with the design teams and other partners to overcome any technical challenges and drive continuous improvement.
What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- Degree/HND qualifications or equivalent in an electronic/electrical engineering related subject, plus experience in digital, analogue and RF electronics manufacture and test.
- A good understanding of electrical/electronic measurement and test principles and test equipment, as well as an appreciation of calibration and fault diagnosis techniques for RF electronic circuits and sub-systems.
- Experience of using both manual and automated electrical/electronic/RF test equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- The ability to plan and organise own work in order to ensure multiple tasks can be prioritised and delivered against Project objectives.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including generation of test specifications, operator instructions and technical reports based on higher-level requirements.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail and a supportive, collaborative and pro-active approach to test engineering.
- While not essential, an appreciation of electro-mechanical testing and experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment would be beneficial.
- This role offers the opportunity to work on a variety of products of varying complexity, in both development and production, using the latest technologies the aerospace and defence sector has to offer.
- MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training and opportunities for personal progression, including both technical and leadership career development paths.
Join a great team!
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
We are a small team of dedicated engineers in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing environment. The team has a great mix of personnel, ranging from apprentices and graduate engineers through to experienced technical practitioners, all striving to deliver technical excellence across a number of different seeker sub-systems in development and production.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.