Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer
- Closing date
- 25 Jun 2022
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: Up to£40,000 dependent on experience + bonus and benefits
This role is 37 hours per week, primarily based on site at Bolton, with some flexibility around start/finish times and the ability to work from home on occasion as part of dynamic working arrangements.
This opportunity is for a Senior Test Engineer to join the Manufacturing organisation supporting test and diagnostics of electrical/electronic/RF sub-systems during development and production phases of the product lifecycle. The role sits under the Manufacturing UK Test Engineering functional organisation and is deployed to the Seekers & Datalinks Equipment team, based within our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Bolton.
- Provide Test Engineering support during Design / Development phases from initial concept through to Production Readiness Review and release to Operations.
- Support Test Facility introduction and ensure that appropriate configuration control of equipment and facilities is in place prior to use, including generating supporting test specifications and operator instructions.
- Support to testing of electrical/electronic and RF sub-systems, with diagnosis of production test failures down to circuit card and potentially component level.
- Identification of remedial and corrective actions, in a timely manner allowing Manufacturing to continue production in line with programme and quality requirements.
- Evaluation of technical problems in order to develop proposals for test equipment investigations and corrective actions, including process improvements.
- Working closely with the design teams and other partners to overcome any technical challenges and drive continuous improvement.
- Degree/HND qualifications or equivalent in an electronic/electrical engineering related subject, plus experience in digital, analogue and RF electronics manufacture and test.
- A good understanding of electrical/electronic measurement and test principles and test equipment, as well as an appreciation of calibration and fault diagnosis techniques for RF electronic circuits and sub-systems.
- Experience of using both manual and automated electrical/electronic/RF test equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- The ability to plan and organise own work in order to ensure multiple tasks can be prioritised and delivered against Project objectives.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including generation of test specifications, operator instructions and technical reports based on higher-level requirements.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail and a supportive, collaborative and pro-active approach to test engineering.
- While not essential, an appreciation of electro-mechanical testing and experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment would be beneficial.
What's in it for you?
- This role offers the opportunity to work on a variety of products of varying complexity, in both development and production, using the latest technologies the aerospace and defence sector has to offer.
- MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training and opportunities for personal progression, including both technical and leadership career development paths.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
We are a small team of dedicated engineers in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing environment. The team has a great mix of personnel, ranging from apprentices and graduate engineers through to experienced technical practitioners, all striving to deliver technical excellence across a number of different seeker sub-systems in development and production.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert