Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence. Up to £60k DOE plus Excellent Benefits and Bonus
Do you want to be at the forefront of influencing MBDA's future safety systems and telemetry products?
The purpose of the Safety Systems and Telemetry Product Lead is to own the definition and delivery of product strategies and influence future project roadmaps and portfolio decisions, ensuring our technology remains state of the art and cost effective.
Working to an agreed product line strategy, you will lead and shape new proposals for architectural solutions to the point of acceptance by Project and Delivery Team across a diverse product range.
Key skills include:
What we're looking for
- Influencing programmes and future projects to adopt the product line approach to development.
- Stakeholder management, both in the UK and internationally.
- Ability to connect multiple programmes and business functions to deliver to a common goal and identify future opportunities.
- Challenging established processes and "this is how we've always done it mentalities"
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with academia, SME's and potential suppliers, assessing value for business.
What's in it for you?
- Proven experience in the design and of electronics, preferably in the defence industry with knowledge of the product sector.
- Demonstrated experience of defining product strategies and road maps as well as shaping new proposals for architectural solutions to acceptance.
- Strategic thinker with strong influencing skills across peer groups and into senior management.
- Ability to write clear and concise engineering documentation and present to all levels of the business.
This role will give you the opportunity to work on some of the most advanced engineering products in the field of Safety Systems and Telemetry. You will use and develop your knowledge across multiple business domains, becoming the technical authority for Electronic Engineering (EE) for Safety Systems and Telemetry equipment and product lines. You will lead the Equipment Team's IRAD strategy, work with peers throughout the company (UK and internationally) and participate in senior engineering forums. Your involvement in the long-term vision and strategy of the Safety Systems and Telemetry equipment domain means that you will influence designs and steer the company's future portfolio of products. You will become a leading expert in your field and build a network of contacts and peers across MBDA, with the opportunity to travel as necessary.Our benefits
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Join a great team!
This is a delivery focused multifunctional team tasked with design, development and qualification of technically complex, safety critical products for missile proving and series production. We have an unequalled reputation for use of modularity and re-use principals to reduce cost and schedule and risk.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.