Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrowSystems MBSE Architect and Delivery Lead
Systems Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Architect responsible for model-based design & requirements development and leading delivery of a jointly developed algorithm & software design.What would your responsibilities be?
What are we looking for?
- Using MBSE methods to manage the systems lifecycle for the main processing equipment of a missile with a primary focus on the software hosted on this equipment
- Acting as a primary point of contact into the various testing and trials teams who use the equipment, helping them to understand how it works and investigating issues they find
- Capturing interfaces between systems in model format and autocoding these for multiple users as a single-source of truth
- Facilitating and capturing the design for a "joint algorithm and software" architecture between subject matter experts
- Setting the strategy for and managing the incremental delivery of algorithms into a dynamically representative performance model, the auto-coding of those algorithms for integration into a real-time embedded software, and verification of the system through open and closed loop testing
Join a great Team!
- Pro-activeness in communicating with others to resolve issues and reach consensus
- Ability & willingness to take the lead in meetings and discussions where necessary
- Adaptable to changing needs and priorities
- Comfortable with ideas that are abstract and using own & other's experience to turn them into real working systems
- Understanding of your own knowledge & limitations and when to ask & rely on others
- Adept at taking complex problems and breaking them down into manageable components
- Able to summarise complex concepts in a way that makes it easy for others to understand
- Autonomy in managing your own work to achieve the team goals
- Experience of using Rhapsody, Matlab and config control tools would be useful but not essential.
- Work in an area that has a perfect balance of detailed technical design, collaborating with other engineers and opportunities for experience with real hardware
- Gain exposure to a variety of domains many of which are niche & specialised, which will allow you to develop the breadth of your technical knowledge
- Be at the cutting edge of model based systems engineering methods which are used as examples of good practice within MBDA on the wider industry in the area of systems-software architecting
- This is a scarce skill area with associated career opportunities and clear development routes on both technical and managerial paths
- Much of the work can be undertaken at home with some periods of onsite work needed
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!