MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow Salary:
Dependant on Experience + bonus, overtime and flexi time
We are looking to identify experienced Test and Testability engineers that want to use their knowledge in a broader for our growing Test Architecture team. At MBDA, a Test Architect looks after all aspects of the product test throughout the lifecycle.
This means collating test and testability requirements from all customers (Internal, Domestic and Export) across the Product Life Cycle, flowing them onto equipment when required.
Our test architects actively lead and ensure optimum Built In Test (BIT) coverage is achieved at system and sub-system level and lead development of the Test Equipment (hardware and software) to meet all project requirements.
What we're looking for
- Responsible for managing the Test Equipment requirements
- Responsible for the Test Equipment design trades between Cost, Scope and Time.
- Actively lead the development of the Test Equipment (hardware and software) to meet all project requirements.
- Support to the wider project for the management of Test System obsolescence to optimise upgrade programs.
- Support to the wider project to manage and resolve Test Equipment changes and issues.
What's in it for you?
- Good understanding of electronics and test specifications.
- Good understanding of test systems
- Desirable to have some project management
- This role gives the opportunity to experience a broader view of the development and manufacturing process through interaction with systems designers, Chief Engineers and suppliers. There are future opportunities to become a Team Leader within the Chief Design Engineer (CDE) Project teams
Join a great team!
- Flexible working
- Paid overtime (subject to level)
- Great bonus scheme
- Comprehensive pension scheme
- Annual salary review
- Fantastic working environment and site facilities
- Social, charitable and sporting activities.
There are about 15 staff within the Test Architecture UK Functional Team, who are all co-located with their Project Teams in Stevenage. You will be working for the Project CDE and interact with a broad range of other Functions within MBDA, but have a high degree of autonomy and represent the Project / Function in many meetings. Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.