Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrowHybrid working pattern availableBasic salary dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
We have an opportunity for an experienced Aerospace Fuel Systems Engineer to join our team on fast paced and exciting projects. Our team delivers fuel system design solutions, requirements and proving across a range of defence projects.
You will focus on fluid mechanical equipment within the fuel system, and the development of 1-d fluid models in support of a number for assessment and development programmes. The tasks can include feasibility studies, system specification and design, trade-off studies, liaison with suppliers, and development of modelling techniques. Our team engages with the missile architects and propulsion engineers to develop the best fuel system for the application.
Successful applicants will have:
- Ideally, an appropriate bachelor or masters level qualification in a relevant subject, e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of fluid-mechanical design for fluid system components
- Working knowledge of at least one fluid system modelling tool, such as Amesim, Flomaster, SimScape
- The skills to develop concept design solutions with limited information and changing requirements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, able to partner, influence and negotiate across the business
- Positive collaborative behaviours
Ideal candidates will have:
Here's what's in it for you
- Knowledge of air vehicle fuel system design
- Knowledge of jet fuels
- Drive and capability to working on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Ability to visualise and analyse complex systems
- Good understanding of, and good working experience in, all phases of the engineering life cycle
A chance to define the way that fuel systems modelling will be used in future projects, working within a small team to develop MBDA fuel systems capability. You will be joining a small yet enthusiastic team, working on a vast range of intriguing, world-class projects.Our benefits
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.