MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the day to day support to the operations staff within the manufacturing facility. An opportunity has arisen in the development / production manufacturing lines, for a support engineer who would be responsible for translating design requirements into user instructions including the development of the project manufacturing architecture.What we're looking for
Here's what's in it for you
- Formal technical Engineering / Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 OR formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and commitment to work as part of a team to deliver the business.
- Have the ability to interpret Design Drawings with a view to producing Manufacturing Build Instructions.
- Must be able to work within and contribute to a team environment.
- MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training
- You will take a key role in the Manufacturing Engineering team
- The work is technically challenging and rewarding.
- The variety of work offered within the team also presents an excellent opportunity for personal development
- Working with the Principal Engineer, you will be working in multi-functional teams, responsible for manufacturing problem identification and resolution
- Support existing manufacturing lines including test equipment and new product introduction
- Support the industrial validation process through the use of FMEA's, process proving activities etc.
- Management of Configuration control by the embodiment of Design Modifications into the Manufacturing documentation and industrial validation
- Support the Non Conformance Process
- Ensure products are produced in most economical proficient manner
- Assume the responsibilities for safe operating implementation for changed processes, including liaising with COSHH assessors, SHE and Human factors
- Liaise with the design authority during the product prototype/development phase, to ensure optimised Design for Manufacture (DfM)
- Compilation and update of Manufacturing Instructions
- Tooling development and control
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Why us?
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).