Bolton MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrowSalary: c.£50k dependent on experience plus bonus and benefits
The main purpose is to assure the operational efficiency, effectiveness and security of the delivery of IT Infrastructure Services (Back Office) to MBDA UK consumers. If you are or have been a third-line Technical Support Engineer or Systems Administrator then, you could be a great fit for this role.
Here's the essential skills needed for the role:
- Solid experience in Wintel/Microsoft infrastructure solutions such as Windows Server 2016, Active Directory Domain Services, MS Exchange, SCOM, MECM
- Proven ability to identify Cyber Threat Vectors and ability to contribute to Cyber Threat Responses
- Operational knowledge of Cyber Security Principles, Policies, tools and how they apply to Infrastructure Services
- Operational knowledge of Cyber Security Services such as Threat/Intrusion Detection, vulnerability, Prevention etc
- Experience of Linux technologies such as Red Hat 8
- Good understanding of Database Technologies such as Oracle & SQL etc. and their configuration
- Operational knowledge of Storage solutions and configurations using technologies such as NetApps
- Operational knowledge of Network technologies including Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load-Balancers, DNS, DHCP, VLAN etc
- Experienced in working effectively in multi-discipline, multi-cultural teams
- Ability to solve complex infrastructure technical problems with the capability to own and lead mixed discipline teams driving resolution and root cause fixes
Whilst not essential, it'd be beneficial if you had some or all of the following :
What we're looking for
- Operational knowledge of Cloud Services and their infrastructure components including platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS or OpenStack and Containerisation Technologies
- Shown capability to build strong collaborative relationships and to work effectively with 3rd Party Service Suppliers
- Can demonstrate a good understanding of Service Management disciplines, processes, tools and metrics (e.g. ITIL)
- Knowledge of ISM Ivanti tools
- Knowledge of tools such as Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes or Rancher
A talented and self-motivated person who is ambitious and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines. As our UK Infrastructure Services Analyst, you would work closely with our Suppliers to ensure that the service delivered is secure, effective, efficient and timely. You will analyse the current services and through application of your technical skills and experience you will find ways to innovate and lead change to improve service, solutions and security. In addition, you will provide technical expertise when managing change and finding root cause fix's to problems.
This role is based within the MBDA's UK Information Management arm that collaborates closely with our Suppliers and other teams and colleagues in Europe.
NB: Please note that the successful applicant will need to be in agreement to achieving the required levels of security clearance with acceptable restrictions or no restrictions (to Secret level)Here's what's in it for you
- Become part of a unique, well respected team of dedicated people that have been recognised within our company for its professionalism, dedication and flexibility.
- Working nationally and across the MBDA Group you will broaden your horizons by embracing the rich cultural diversity of our company.
- Making a difference by proposing changes and ideas for innovation that will improve reliability, availability and performance of our Infrastructure solutions delivered by our Service providers and the Services that are delivered for MBDA users.
- Having the opportunity to bring innovation and shape the future of IT service delivery within MBDA.
- Be part of an organisation with a values-led culture that is committed to investing in its workforce with a personal development programme
- Gain skills, knowledge and capability from our commitment to develop our teams by providing role specific & personal training opportunities
- Be recognised and rewarded for your contributions when 'going the extra mile' in support of your team and MBDA colleagues
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Join a great team!
The team has an excellent record of customer focussed delivery. It is collaborative in nature, flexible and open-minded. We are regularly recognised for our contributions in and outside the team, where members share experiences and knowledge with each other to improve the teams delivery
Every member has the opportunity to broaden their horizons - both in managerial and technical knowledgeWhy us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.