MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow Salary: Up to £53k DOE + Excellent Benefits + Bonus + Hybrid Working
An opportunity has arisen to take a lead role for our state-of-the-art Bolton Materials and Processes Laboratory in support of manufacturing.
You will be responsible for the effective management and efficient operation of the Materials Laboratory including taking responsibility for the management and career development of 3 to 4 engineers. You will ensure that manufacturing processes and materials are fit for purpose and compliant with national and international regulations and standards. As a member of the Materials and Processes UK team, you will carry out activities in support of all aspects of manufacturing, both within the company facilities and the supply chain.Key Aspects of the role
What we're looking for
- Provide technical leadership and direction to a multi-disciplined team to ensure project deliverables are on time and to budget.
- To manage and maintain the capability of the Materials & Process Laboratory.
- Provide expert advice on materials selection and process techniques to Procurement / Projects/ Design/ Engineering including the processing capability of sub-contractors.
- Provide material, Health & Safety information to Operations and expert advice and analysis for COSHH assessments and hazardous waste removal as required.
What's in it for you?
- Significant Experience of small team leadership including career progression and development.
- A confident communicator able to practice good stakeholder management and engagement.
- Strong motivation, and good problem solving skills with the ability to think differently.
- Significant theoretical and practical experience in engineering materials or metal finishing including knowledge of COSHH and Environmental issues.
- Ideally degree or equivalent in a science based subject such as Materials Science, Metals Finishing, Chemistry or Metallurgy.
- Ability/flexibility to travel to other locations when required.
The role will provide many stimulating technical challenges and personal development opportunities.
MBDA values its employees' personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects.
As part of a multi-national company you will have the opportunity to travel on a regular basis both within the UK and internationally.
You will be working in a fast-paced, multi-functional operations teamwho strive for personaland professional excellence working on new product lines.Our benefits:
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Join a great team!
You will be joining a like-minded enthusiastic Materials team across two sites, working on a diverse range of world class products.
Many of our projects are ground breaking and so you can expect to develop and use the latest material technologies.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.