Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Working closely with designers to ensure early concepts and designs remain producible, assessing for design for manufacture, design for test and design to cost. Establish robust and effective relationships with product design teams to ensure appropriate manufacturing methods, capabilities and techniques are considered and acted upon during the product design phase and plan for future needs.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- Degree/HNC/HND level of qualifications or equivalent in an engineering discipline plus substantial level of experience of aerospace/defence or related industry
- Hands-on experience of manufacturing methods and processes
- Forward thinking and comfortable in working outside their area of specialisation
- Good negotiating and influencing skills
- Working on early concepts and cutting edge technologies, evaluate evolving designs in order to identify conflicts with Manufacturing Capability and Capacity
- Participate in identifying and developing new manufacturing methods in support of evolving designs
- Carry out investigations into the full range of Design/Make challenges and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member the NPI and Project Teams
- Develop your knowledge of new manufacturing processes and technologies and keep up to date with the latest developments from across industry
Join a great team!
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
You will be joining a strong established team within Manufacturing Engineering Function, working with a group of people with a broad mix of skills and experience. You will be a key part in the delivery and evolution of the manufacturing engineering toolset.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.