MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Come and join our Environmental Engineering function and work in our specialist mechanical and climatic facilities. We can offer the chance to work with pioneering analytical tools and powerful, innovative techniques for simulating environments across the weapons life cycle.
This team is integral within all land, sea and air-based weapon-system projects.
You will provide a technical focal point for all stages of the product lifecycle, through concept definition, design aid and formal qualification, and onto in-service support. Our expertise covers the areas of requirements specification and management; definition of proving methodologies; project management; data analysis; simulation and modelling and testing in climatic, mechanical (vibration and shock) and fatigue.
We apply specialist technical knowledge and advice, with responsibility for technical accuracy and delivery of projects within assigned work packages. The role provides plenty of opportunity for ‘hands-on' engineering coupled with technical work based on fundamental engineering principles.What we are looking for :
What we need from you:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Proven experience of planning, managing and delivering small to medium sized work packages
- Knowledge of environmental engineering within the defence sector or relevant industry
- Knowledge of vibration, shock, temperature and humidity environments, and their applicability to different products at different life cycle stages
- An understanding of environmental test processes, test measurements and instrumentation
- Someone with an analytical mind and excellent problem solving skills
- A solution-oriented person with an inquisitive nature
Here's what's in it for you:
- Drive and self-motivation, using your initiative and proactive nature
- Make the most appropriate technical decision sometimes based on little information
- Effective working in teams, using strong interpersonal skills
- Identify and deliver through the right technical solution
We have the ability to influence the design, manufacture and proving of our products whilst developing technical skills and gaining experience across MBDA UK's Portfolio. You will engage with senior members of the business such as Project Heads and Chief Engineers in a position to influence technical decisions. Personal and professional development is a big focus within our team as we seek to continue ground-breaking work.Join a great team!
We are a highly skilled and motivated team, working with real weapon systems and maintaining a "hands on" engineering skill set.
Our team is highly collaborative, encouraging and friendly. We challenge each other to perform to the highest standard, consistently delivering results under high pressure and tight timeframes within a dynamic, engaging working environment.Benefits Package
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!