MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Engineering Manager - RF/Microwave/IR System Hardware
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a new seeker product with a fast paced programme within a dynamic team to manage the seeker development activities. The seeker must be fit for purpose for its intended use against requirements including a particular emphasis on the assessment and introduction of cost reduction improvements as the design evolves.What we're looking for
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with modules relating to RF or electronics.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers, acting as a team leader.
- Demonstrable experience of product lifecycles from concept through to production.
- The ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers.
- Experience of project management and cost control.
Whilst not essential, it will be highly desirable to demonstrate an education background including science subjects such as physics and ICT.What's in it for you?
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative seeker solutions from complex requirements.
- You will gain experience in seeker technologies and hardware engineering design and integration practices.
- You will be involved in various stages of seeker development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including manufacture.
- There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of seeker integration, trials and manufacture.
- You will have the opportunity for career progression with formal and on the job training.
Join a great team!
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- The successful candidate will be joining a developing dynamic design team that have a range of skills and experience. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop the role and assist with forming the design team.
- The team have a common goal for the delivery of a seeker hardware solution that meets the customer's requirements to the schedule and cost agreed. The successful candidate will be able to significantly contribute to meeting the expectations of both MBDA and the customer.
- The project offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with a specialist team managing technically challenging technology within MBDA using various specialist suppliers.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.