Systems Engineer: RF Seekers
We are looking for experienced Systems Engineers to join our growing Radio Frequency (RF) Seekers team to perform activities including algorithm development and systems studies. There are roles available across multiple Seeker programmes entering their assessment phases including Future Cruise Anti-Ship Weapon (FC/ASW) and Meteor, working to develop and deliver cutting edge technologies including Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESA) and highly integrated multi-mode sensors.
You will have the scope to get involved in a variety of systems tasks, and plenty of opportunities to innovate and drive the technical scope of the programmes. We are a specialist and diverse team, so you'll also be able to develop your skills and will be fully supported in doing so. We need you to have a degree level qualification or equivalent experience, and the ability to achieve the appropriate level of security clearance (SC). Most importantly, we want you to have passion for the industry and technology, and we can help you develop your career and give you exposure to some incredible technologies and products.Essential experience:
- Algorithm development
- Identification, Planning and Running of investigations to inform systems design
- Data analysis
- Working as part of a team or individually
- Knowledge of RF systems and digital signal processing
- Technical report writing
- Modelling and coding (significant experience of MATLAB and ideally Simulink)
- Experience in forming hypotheses and creating the method to prove them.
- Machine Learning and AI
As part of the role you will be involved in a number of activities including many of the following:
- Development of algorithms
- Identifying studies that demonstrate the algorithm is fit for purpose and identifying future changes required as a result of any deficiencies
- Interacting with a wide network of stakeholders across multiple domains.
- Integration of algorithms within a complex Seeker model
- Undertaking and documenting system studies and performance analysis
- Encouraging innovation - for example improved agile methods, process improvements, and use of machine learning / AI in the products'.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.