Systems Engineer - Tactical Data Links
As a Systems Engineer in Tactical Data Link Communications, you will have a key role in the Systems Engineering Team responsible for the design, development and integration of communications and network technologies into MBDA's Weapon Systems.
You will be operating within a multi-disciplinary team delivering communications systems across the whole systems engineering / project lifecycle.
- This opportunity is challenging and working at the cutting edge of technical development and delivery of Tactical Data Links for Networked Weapon Systems in MBDA.
- You will be responsible to the Head of Network Communications Department, or one of the Group Heads within the department, for defining the Tactical Data Link implementation of a number of systems, and other systems engineering tasks, depending on the skills and motivations of the individual, including:
- Definition of the project communications architecture(s);
- Analysis of input requirements, system analysis and design;
- Network performance modelling;
- System modelling using model-based system engineering (using Rhapsody);
- Requirements engineering (using DOORS);
- Hardware (equipment) and software requirements definition;
- System validation and verification of TDL systems.
What's great about this opportunity?
This is a great role for someone with a passion for TDL communications technology and technical delivery, and for someone motivated by the successful deployment of complex modern weapon systems into military service.
The role is part of the weapon systems team delivering complex sub-systems, so is ideal for someone seeking an opportunity within a systems engineering team environment.
You will be working with technologies at the forefront of European weapon systems design, supporting the development of high performance, safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
As a multi-national company, many of the methods and tools we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration and consequently there may be the opportunity to work with colleagues in the UK, France, Germany and Italy.
We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a diverse range of products and technologies.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience of military systems with Tactical Data Links
- Significant working knowledge of JTIDS / MIDS / Link 16
- Working knowledge of STANAG 4175 / STANAG 5516 / MIL-STD 6016
- A forward looking individual with an understanding of future TDL strategy
- An individual with a well-established professional network in the TDL community
- Working knowledge of military communication systems
- An understanding of the systems issues associated with TDL technologies
- Sound understanding of System Engineering Process (including System Specification, System Test and Integration)
- Experience of technical problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player with positive collaborative behaviours
- Excellent ‘can do' attitude and pro-active behaviours
- Engineering degree or equivalent
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.