MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow Job Description
Principal Software Engineer - HWIL
Hardware In The Loop (HWIL) work is predominantly ‘hands on' with real missile equipment and sophisticated test facilities. The role of the team involves designing, developing and using closed loop HWIL simulations to investigate and prove the behaviours and performance of MBDA's products over a range of different conditions to ensure high confidence in the operation of our products. HWIL testing forms a critical part of the missile design and development cycle, where testing is focussed on understanding and investigating product characteristics and behaviours, often with prototype equipment and ground-breaking technologies, not simply testing on a production line.What's in it for you?
You would be part of a small, multi-skilled team, doing complex technical work and experiencing a wide variety of technologies and engineering fields. The UK HWIL team is part of a wider, integrated, international HWIL team conducting similar activities in France and Italy, where sharing of knowledge, tools and techniques is strongly promoted.What are we looking for?
- Strong ability and experience of software development, ideally using C, C++ or similar
- Experience developing within the Linux environment.
- Good problem solving skills
- Be pro-active and be capable of working on their own initiative with minimum supervision
- Able to work with varied engineering teams
- Experience of Integrating hardware and software.
- Experience with multi-threaded software products.
- Experience of driver level software development.
- Experience using Matlab/Simulink
- Understanding of real time computing systems
- Understanding of mathematical modelling concepts
- Ability to visualise and analyse complex systems
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.