MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow Salary:
up to £70,000 (doe)Benefits:
*paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The Opportunity
- Software Project Lead
Real Time Actuator Software is tasked with supplying software into a wide range of Missile components that require motor/movement control; Fins, Seeker, Fuel Pump, Booster, Wing Opening System.
What we're looking for
- Passionate to win hearts and minds?
- Able to coordinate all resources through the process of planning, coordinating and controlling in order to deliver software on time with validated quality?
- Committed to make AGILE/SCRUM/Six Sigma/DevOps methods of software development a success?
- Have the process alignment and quality focus to develop safety-critical software?
A Software Project Lead (SPL) who can build high-performing teams and create strong working relations with the multi-disciplined project environments that we work in! These project environments include system design, mechanical design, electronic design, program, safety, quality.
- Experience of nurturing and leading a team; this role is typically 5-10 developers (software and verification & validation).
What's in it for you?
- A track record of working within an agile/SCRUM/DevOps environment.
- Experience of reporting progress through agile metrics such as burnup charts, team velocity, cycle times and work-load-forecast.
- Experience of continuous build, integration and delivery pipeline automation using industry leading toolsets.
- Technical/software background with experience working in a technology environment where quality and accuracy of work is critical.
- History of improving teams through strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Experience of safety-critical standards (DO-178C) would be beneficial but not crucial.
Join a great team!
- Develop and grow your career:
- You'll get lots of experience interacting and influencing senior partners if you join us on this modernising journey.
- Training program to provide you with the skills/tools to take the next step to becoming a technical or managerial leader in MBDA.
- Develop Safety-critical products to DO-178C standard.
- Be a part of a change initiative where the changes you make will have a perceptible positive impact on the development of your team.
- The opportunity for travel and international secondment; if of interest.
We are an open, friendly and encouraging team with a can-do approach. Join us to evolve the team towards agile development framework. We work with a wide range of the MBDA portfolio, providing you with opportunity to grow your people network in the business.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.