About The Team
The successful candidate will be part of the Financial Services Product Engineering group, which builds products and solutions enabling Financial Institutions to detect and respond to Financial Crime activity found in their data in a scalable and comprehensive way.
A vacancy exists on the Advanced Analytics Platform (AAP) team in FS Engineering. AAP is a rapid modelling environment designed to quickly and easily ingest data from different data sources to facilitate data analysis and predictive modelling experiments with the best modelling tools available. AAP achieves this by providing an intuitive and modern user interface, coupled with a powerful and extensible back-end capable of running complex machine learning tasks.
Purpose of Role
Extend and support AAP and grow data science and software development skills.
What You Will Be Doing
- Learn the Financial Services Fraud and Compliance domains and gain a deep understanding of the problems that Financial Institutions need solving
- Design and implement features in BAE's Advanced Analytics Platform to our high quality standards
- Actively participate in technical design workshops and produce technical specification documents as requested
- Develop and improve visualization of supervised and unsupervised modelling results
- Assume development responsibility for developing, debugging and unit testing of product features in accordance with internal procedures and standards
- Diagnose and solve functional and performance/scalability issues
- Work effectively with QA to resolve open product issues
- Support internal BAE Systems teams in using AAP to deliver benefits to clients
- Join and contribute to our professional communities
- Grow understanding of data science and its application to solving real world problems
What opportunities the Role offers:
- Supportive colleagues who will provide one-on-one mentoring to help you apply your talents to real world development challenges
- To grow professionally within the organisation as your career moves along a development path to promotion and the achievement of your professional goals
- The support of the company to study and gain certification with globally recognised technical and business skillsets
- Experience with Industry wide system development methodologies and processes, such as Agile and AWS
- Flexible working hours and opportunities to work remotely
- Work in international environment on the solutions delivered worldwide
Skills and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
2 or more years of commercial development experience
Proven track record of technical design and development as part of a team
- Interest in learning and contributing to software development
- Experience and knowledge in Machine Learning
- Experience with Java and Python in enterprise solutions
- Experience writing SQL queries for databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL or similar
- Experience with Git or similar version control system
- Experience of software development lifecycle
- Assume ownership for tasks / problems and see them through to completion
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as part of a distributed product team
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Financial Services business or technology experience
- Knowledge of reactive frameworks such as Vertx
- Knowledge of Mocha, Jest, or similar JS testing framework
- Knowledge of Spark and big data
- Knowledge of data science relevant for this role (Classification, Unsupervised, working with unknowns and highly imbalanced data)
- Experience working in a scrum team
- Experience working on data science projects
- Knowledge or interest in AWS
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.