What to expect
This opportunity is within the Chassis and Motion Control systems team in Body/Chassis Engineering Department. This team develops control systems and delivers software for existing and future Chassis, Powertrain, Electrical and ADAS technologies, enhancing the driving experience with technology.
This role covers a broad range of responsibilities, the focus of which will develop as the programme progress from its initial design stage through implementation to engineering sign-off and completion. You will contribute to delivery of model-based software in accordance with industry best practise and internal standards as well as producing the required documentation.
* Contributing towards development of model-based control software to meet requirements in line with the relevant quality standards, coding guidelines and technical/ project constraints.
* Responsible for vehicle dynamics aspects of the RWS system, influencing the model logic and definition of calibratable parameters to allow others to tune the system to meet attribute targets
* Supporting Functional Safety and Cyber Security analysis of the control system and ensuring compliance to ISO26262 section 6 for software.
* Contributing towards management of defects and changes to all software artefacts
* Verification and validation of the software, including supporting road release testing.
* Generating the required technical evidence.
* Undertaking any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experienced in Model Based Control System Design, preferably with a chassis related product.
* Knowledge of vehicle dynamics especially lateral control
* Prior experience of delivering safety critical systems in accordance with a quality management process.
* Able to work effectively with a diverse team across different sites and test locations
* Experience with change/ configuration management
* An understanding of vehicle network communications, ECUs and electronics
* A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Development or equivalent experience.
* Experience of Agile delivery methods
* Knowledge of Functional Safety and Cyber Security tools and processes.
* Able to utilise new digital tools to support the workflow (eg JIRA, RTC, DOORs)
* An understanding of Chassis Control systems and their influence on vehicle dynamic behaviour.