What to expect
The department has complete responsibility for the design and development of all Jaguar and Land Rover Interior and Exterior systems from concept design through to volume production. With an increasing emphasis on virtual development techniques the department utilises advanced CAD and CAE to support the product development process. A role within Body Engineering involves working with a wide range of materials and construction techniques, challenging functional and cost targets and significant liaison with all internal areas of our business as well as external component and system suppliers.
This position presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a unique and evolving department within Body Engineering, developing advanced feature strategies and leading content delivery across many programs. In this role you will be exposed to a variety of components, systems, suppliers and cross PD functions, playing a key part in driving robustness and quality into the Cabin Systems and Safety Components team.
Reporting to the departmental Group Leader and/or Programme Module Leader within the Cabin and Safety Components area, the CAD and Advanced Vehicle Architeture (AVA) Engineer will potentially work across all of the commodities and within the newly developing Agile team Squads also.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Support the concept development and problem resolutions with both Core and Programme teams, with the use of virtual engineering tools
* Assist in the vehicle programme geometry creation and development as required
* Support and assist Computer Aided Design (CAD) Engineers and non-Computer Aided Design Engineers in defining the information required to produce robust design models and system / sub-system solutions.
* Use and even develop Associative Vehicle Architecture (AVA) models and appropriate standards.
* Undertake any other work as directed by your line manager in connection with your job as may be requested.
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Proficient IT skills with significant experience of using virtual engineering tools
* Experience with Catia v5/v6 and Teamcenter/Enovia - or similar design software
* Technical and practical knowledge of Body or Chassis Engineering commodities
* Previous programme delivery experience
* Be able to demonstrate influencing and engagement skills
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Experience of concept generation and cross functionality problem resolution
* Knowledge and understanding of specific vehicle components or systems relating to Cabin or Safety Systems.
* A working knowledge of related engineering and programme process - DFMEA, Change Management for example.