What to expect
The role is to support development of the next generation Rear Wheel Steering (RWS) system on a future vehicle programme. The integration engineer will be responsible for the integration of the RWS System in the vehicle and will feed into the RWS system owner in this team.
This role covers a broad range of systems engineering topics, the focus of which will develop as the programme progress from its initial design stage through implementation to engineering sign-off and completion.
This role offers opportunity to work on the next generation of JLR platforms with exposure to both hybrid and battery vehicles across a range of vehicle variants, utilising the experience and learning from the recently delivered L460 system (which will also need to be maintained and improved through its lifecycle).
* Contribute towards the system development plan in line with system engineering best practices within an agile framework, and reporting integration development progress accordingly.
* Definition of system integration design (including requirements, diagnostics, manufacturing considerations) within all relevant standards and technical/ project constraints.
* Assisting defect resolution and test support including vehicle preparation, data logging, data analysis (Vector toolset) and generating technical evidence and documentation
* Conducting verification and validation activities.
* Liaison with stakeholders throughout the project.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Experience delivering safety critical systems in accordance with a quality management process.
Knowledge of systems and software engineering, preferably with a chassis related product.
Able to facilitate compliance to work streams with a pragmatic approach
Able to work effectively with a diverse team across different sites and test locations
A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Development or equivalent experience.
Experience with requirements management
An understanding of vehicle network communications, ECUs and electronics
Knowledge of Functional Safety and Cyber Security tools and processes.
Experience of Agile delivery methods