MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary: Up to £46,000 dependent on experience, plus bonus and benefitsHybrid working pattern:
This role is 37 hours per week, primarily based on site at Bolton, with some flexibility around start/finish times and the ability to work from home on occasion as part of dynamic working arrangements.
This opportunity is for an Engineering Team Leader with a strong technical bias to join the Manufacturing Test Engineering organisation supporting test and diagnostics of electrical/electronic/RF weapon systems during Development and Production.
The Manufacturing Test Engineering organisation is responsible for the day-to-day support to the product testing of weapons and equipment within our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Bolton.
- Management of the team including deployment of engineers to appropriate tasks and prioritisation.
- Providing Test Engineering support during Design / Development phases from initial concept through to Production Readiness Review and release to Operations.
- Supporting Test Facility introduction and ensuring that configuration control of equipment and facilities is in place prior to use, including generating supporting test specifications and operator instructions.
- Carrying out staff performance and development review discussions to ensure the team maintains and develops the right levels of skills and programme output.
- Driving the team to deliver in line with all programme and quality requirements, whilst maintaining Test Engineering functional excellence through continuous improvement.
- Test Engineering representative at key stakeholder meetings to report progress of Test Engineering actions and align team with programme priorities.
What we're looking for from you
What's in it for you?
- Degree/HND level of qualifications or equivalent in a relevant subject, plus experience in digital and analogue electronics manufacture and test.
- An experienced technical team leader with a background in electrical/electronic and systems test.
- A good appreciation of electrical/electronic measurement and test principles and test equipment, as well as systems-level functional testing, and preferably including some applied knowledge of RF technology.
- Experience of managing a small team of technical professionals in a multi-functional delivery orientated organisation.
- While not essential, an appreciation of electro-mechanical testing and experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment would be beneficial.
- Supportive, pro-active attitude with the ability to maintain a calm professional manner, even when priorities might be changed at the last minute.
Join a great team!
- This role offers the opportunity to work with a variety of products of varying complexity, in both development and production, using the latest technologies the aerospace and defence sector has to offer.
- MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training and opportunities for personal progression, including both technical and leadership career development paths.
You will be working with a small team of dedicated engineers in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing environment. The team has a great mix of personnel, ranging from apprentices and graduate engineers through to experienced technical practitioners, all striving to deliver technical excellence across a number of different products in development and production.What to expect:
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.