MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence Salary:
Up to £48,000 based on knowledge and experienceThe Opportunity
An excellent opportunity to join a team of high performing systems engineers acting as the Launcher and Munition System Focal as necessary to sustain the capability of the Sea Viper system.What are we looking for?
The successful candidate ideally has a relevant engineering-related degree (or higher). They will be able to manage the technical complexity of whole weapon system aspects and be able to articulate clearly and concisely to both the MBDA and Customer projects teams.
The candidate will require the skills and behaviours to gain a broad understanding of complex weapon systems and to engage effectively with MoD and Industry partners at different levels. The candidate will also need to be able to respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities and to address emergent issues in a diverse environment.What's in it for you?
This role will give you the opportunity to contribute to a system team delivering technical aspects of the Sea Viper support solution as part of the System Design Authority team. The role holder will also support technical meetings with the MoD Maritime Anti-air Weapon System PT as well as industry partners. The role offers potential to develop and expand your skill and knowledge as the various Sea Viper sustainment programmes progress into the Demonstration and Manufacture phases.The Role
This is an excellent opportunity to become the Launcher and Munition focal point supporting the sustainment of Sea Viper capability. These work strands offer a wide variety in terms of scope of work in a dynamic and challenging environment.
Key work packages includes:
- Focal Point for Launcher and Munition related technical queries supporting the in service capability sustainment
- Focal point for all Technical Information and Advice Proposals / S2022A (MoD advice form) queries
- Review the Sea Viper Technical Events Log for technical queries and safety related events
- Maintain a suite of project specific processes
- Technical correctness of the Sea Viper technical documentation (Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals)
- Support other system/sub-system technical query resolution as required
Support to wider systems programmes
- Tasking as required from the Head of System Definition
As the Sea Viper Launcher and Munition Focal Point you will be responsible for the following:
Join a great team!
- Manage technical aspects of Sea Viper Technical Events
- Carry out technical analyses and investigations of system-level issues and opportunities, including conduct of trade-off studies
- Manage the System Design verification and validation activities
- Provide support to transversal activities (Safety, Security, EMC and Environmental)
- Deliver and manage the Project Specific Process Documents
- Provide and/or oversee technical support and troubleshooting responses
- Generate technical reports to the Customer
This role operates across a very wide range of activities providing a variety of challenges and opportunities. This role offers significant engagement with the wider customer community and industry partners, as well as with multiple functions within MBDA.
The role provides the opportunity to work closely with numerous partners and to guide and influence the direction of our key sustainment programmes through cooperative working, identifying efficiencies and shaping the future of the joint project team with a culture of commitment and delivering success.Our benefits
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!