FC/ASW Ground Trials Manager
- Closing date
- 23 Jul 2022
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: Up to £60,000 Depending on experience
Reporting to the FC/ASW Chief Systems Proving Engineer, this role will involve the definition and planning of all the activities required to deliver the EMC and Environmental ground trials for the subsequent D&M phase of the programme. It is an opportunity to shape the way in which these trials are conducted within MBDA and looking to use new tool and techniques to reduce time and cost on the programme.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Helping and supporting the generation of Environmental and EMC Proving Strategies with the appropriate SMEs.
- Work with the CSPE/Environmental to develop and define the S3/IM strategy for FC/ASW TP15.
- Working the Test and Testability Architect to ensure that all testing requirements for ground trials have been identified for Missile/Munition level testing.
- Support the Equipment DAs and RMOs in enacting the EMC and Environmental Strategies at their level. This also includes the use of DFMEAs and Robustness techniques.
- Working with the suppliers to review their approach to Environmental and EMC proving. Ensure that they have the right activities scheduled in at the right time. This includes input into the generation of CPSs and SOWs, where appropriate.
- Budget, Schedule and Resource planning. Management of technical and schedule risk in accordance with the project risk management Plan.
- Experience of working on Environmental/EMC proving trials.
- Understand on how to define functional proving requirements for EMC and Environmental Trials.
- Ability to understand technical interface documentation.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate at various levels within MBDA(UK) and external agencies.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
What's in it for you?
- FC/ASW is a highly visible programme within MBDA and is paving the way on deploying new techniques and methods to meeting tight customer timescales.
- Ability to shape the way in which Environmental and EMC proving is conducted within MBDA for future programmes.
- Opportunity to develop a new network, internal and external to MBDA as well as internationally.
- Practical experience of Agile principles and supporting frameworks on a Project that is driving the new ways of working in the business as part of NEXT.
- To work in a motivated and collaborative environment.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert