Bolton MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow Project Planners & Project Controllers
Salary £30K to £48K (dependant on experience) + benefits + bonus
Ranked number one on the UK's Best Big Companies to Work for 2022 and in the top 50 Best Places to work in 2022, as part of the annual Glassdoor Employees' Choice Awards, MBDA is a world leading defence organisation, with more than 12,000 people worldwide, of which 4,000 employed across our UK sites.
We offer flexible working, opportunities for career progression, great bonus scheme, comprehensive pension scheme, annual salary review, fantastic working environment and site facilities, social, charitable and sporting activities.
With the recent growth across our Project Control function, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated Project Planners and Project Controllers of varying levels to join our team, where you will have an opportunity to grow your skills and develop your career within a collaborative and supportive environment.What we're looking for
Whilst not essential, it would be beneficial if you have the following:
- Varying levels of planning experience - ranging from detailed planning to summary level milestone delivery plans.
- Capability in creating and maintaining project structures (WBS/CBS/OBS)
- Experience in generating and analysing project performance data (schedule, resource, and cost).
- Ability to perform and analyse SRA/Critical Path Analysis/EVM
- Motivation to determine root cause and identify corrective action
- Knowledge of Baseline Management and Change Control
- Accountability of project data - owning the quality of the project control reporting suite
- Ability to influence, work independently and be part of an integrated multi-functional team
- Clear communication skills and the ability to foster collaborative working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage conflicting demands
What's in it for you?
- Experience of Project Management Toolsets (SAP/ARM/Primavera/Oracle Unifier)
- Understanding and involvement in Project Estimate at Completion/Forecast Cost at Completion reviews.
- Risk & Opportunities / What- If analysis
- Understanding of resource loaded schedules
- Clear development path within MBDA
- Opportunity to pursue leadership and subject matter expert paths
- Encouragement to achieve recognised (PMI) qualification
- Become a valued member of the growing Project Control function, with opportunities to work across varied domestic and international projects.
- Working in an exciting and changing environment, there are opportunities to add value and make a difference in delivering capability to our customers.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.