MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
As innovators of technology, we are extremely excited about the new state of the art facility we will be opening at the end of 2022.
As a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Manager to join the Weapons Systems Simulation and Experimentation Team.
The role will be extremely varied, interesting and challenging, as the facility will be the backbone of our synthetic environments, supporting the latest technologies for xR, virtual environments and experimentation capabilities.
WSSE are integral in the development of weapon systems and system architectures, as a result we have developed a capability supporting product development across the full product life cycle.
The team integrate real products, models and synthetic environments to provide visualisation, demonstrations, verification & validation as well as training capability and support.What we're looking for
The systems manager will be intrinsic to our facility, to thrive in the role you will need to exploit your skills and knowledge to minimise any day-to-day disruptions, to our services or capability.
The role requires direct hands on problem solving, as well as identifying medium to long-term improvement opportunities- particularly in relation to operational excellence, quality and safety.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collect, interpret and makes key decisions and recommendations based on data.
- Identify strategies and techniques for key system improvements
- You will possess strong organisational skills, including time management, efficient scheduling and prioritisation.
What's in it for you?
- System and facility maintenance.
- Supporting our wider multisite infrastructure (travel may be required)
- Basic network administration.
- IT support and troubleshooting.
- IT management (including purchasing, deployment and asset management)
- Safe operation of the facility from a SHE perspective.
- You will be able to develop your skills and abilities to support the future development of MBDA's latest systems.
- You will have the opportunity to broaden your skills and knowledge around the latest visualisation technologies.
- You will have the opportunity to broaden your networking knowledge in a unique environment.
Join a great team!
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- You will be joining a department that has advanced the use of distributed simulation in Weapon System Design and Development
- You will have the opportunity to work with internationally and industry recognised members of the simulation community
- You will be joining a team delivering innovative Projects that need your inspired approach and enthusiasm
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.