Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence
FC/ASW is a flagship programme in MBDA UK and is looking for an experienced Engineer to develop and take ownership of delivery for our Mission Support System Equipment.
If you want to be responsible for shaping how our Weapon Systems are integrated into our National and Export Navies, then this job is for you. We will be working closely with the Royal Navy to deliver them a new Surface to Surface and Strike capability throughout this decade, so our Allies remain protected for decades to come.
As a Chief Design Engineer, you will be a driven individual who has strong engineering influencing skills and can lead your team to take responsibility for shaping the technical development of our electronic equipment and enable its integration into the platform. Through the course of the Assessment Phase, you will be working alongside system design, electronic, mechanical and system validation engineers within MBDA and our external partners to propose effective solutions.
If you have worked as a professional Engineer in the armed forces and/or have a strong affinity for electronics product development within defence engineering then all you need to do is submit your application today.What we're looking for:
Someone who can
- Bring their engineering knowledge in order to consider the design implementation challenges for the product under development, with the support of domain expertise and company technical experts in order to make informed choices; identify and mitigate technical risks.
- Drive technical teams to assess novel and traditional solutions and subsequently describe them to a customer, internally and externally, identifying the benefits and making a proposal for the next stage of development.
- Work closely with the Systems Engineering team to identify trade-space and make an informed judgement on compliance of the resultant product
- Establish and maintain a wide partner community crossing both Engineering, Operations and Manufacturing to facilitate the development of solutions in the Weapon system Equipment domain.
- Evaluate a wide range of engineering information to prioritise technical and business needs
- Get involved with emerging system and design architectures; to create, challenge and support the derivation of requirements from System to resultant Product
- Support the Mission Support Systems Chief Engineer with the lifecycle management.
Experience in complex computing, safety or security engineering will be advantageous but development in these areas can equally be supported for the right candidate.What's in it for you?
Join a great team!
- Highly technical, challenging atmosphere at the forefront of future weapon concept development.
- An exposure to the early stages of development that will influence the next generation of MBDA Weapon Systems
- A solid understanding of the system elements that are required to deliver a Weapon System from Concept to In-Service
- Engagement with a broad range of partners in order to create and realise the technical delivery of a Weapon System capability
- Exposure to Assessment and Demonstration Phase product lifecycle management; with an opportunity to continue through to in-service
- Demonstrate your Engineering Leadership qualities that can lead to career advancement and increased responsibility of product ownership within MBDA UK and the MBDA Group.
Weapon System Equipment are responsible for development and delivery of equipment for Land, Naval and Airborne domains, as well as training simulator products. The team works together to secure delivery of the hardware, software and validation for the equipment to time, cost and requirement given by the project.
We work across the entire design lifecycle from Concept to In-service and engage across a wide partner community to achieve this. This gives our employees, a great chance to network across a highly regulated but innovative engineering company and work with our management team to enable areas of personal development and growth.
Weapon System Equipment has led the development of a coherent Design for Modularity and Reuse strategy within MBDA at National and International level since the establishment of the directorate and its predecessors.Why us?
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!