Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Join the Seeker and Datalink Systems team as an Antenna Designer - RF (Radio Frequency) within and work on the development of antennas from Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESA) to electrically small and low RCS antennas. This is a complex and exciting area of antenna technology development, used for the next generation of MBDA products.
We need you to have experience in antenna design including computer modelling using HFSS, test and measurement and experience in the post-processing of data using MATLAB.Your role will involve:
What we're looking for
- Detailed design of novel antennas for multi-mode seekers based on AESA and wideband passive sensors, exploiting the latest development in meta-materials, additive layer manufacturing and high impedance laminates
- Developing sub-system solutions to support higher level product developments considering constraints such as limited space and harsh operating environments
- Electromagnetic modelling in HFSS, complex simulations of antenna arrays, and post-processing data using MATLAB
- Overseeing the transition of development hardware into production
- Working cross-functionally with RF Engineers, Seeker Systems teams, EO & IR Sensors teams among others
Here's what's in it for you
- Antenna design experience
- Electromagnetic simulation experience (using tools like HFSS or CST Studio)
- Knowledge of microwave frequencies (ideally UHF and frequencies in excess of X-band)
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- While not essential, it would be beneficial if you had experience of Simulink, and hands on experience in the lab environment.
Join a great team!
- You'll be exposed to complex and technologically advanced products at the forefront of industry development
- Involvement at various stages of seeker development from concept stage through to hardware design and manufacture
- Opportunity to have a real influence on the development of products for our customers
We're a multi-disciplined team focussed on achieving complex designs to demanding timescales, ultimately providing our customers with a product that meets their needs. This includes a range of experience and skills, benefitting from a regular intake of graduates and apprentices right through to supportive technical experts.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingBenefits Package
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.