Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Join the Land Ceptor team and work to support the British Army in realising the full potential of its latest Ground Based Air Defence capability and tailoring this capability for the needs of emerging export customers. In either case, you'll be building on world-class design: incorporating new ideas, functionality and technology to deliver to our customers.
As the Equipment Requirement Authority for the weapon system electronics and processing equipment you will be responsible for all aspects of lifecycle management for the product through from design query to manufacturing delivery to ensure the Land Ceptor team continues to meet their delivery objectives and support the product as it enters service.
As a key member of the hardware team you will also be responsible for managing the product evolution to resolve obsolescence, enable technology insertion and optimise the design for future export deliveries.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- A highly motivated self-starter who can work both independently and as part of a team whilst managing the priorities of a number of varied tasks in the context of a bigger picture
- A proven track record in delivering and supporting complex hardware to cost and schedule
- Able to coordinate both internal design and manufacturing teams and external suppliers
- Experience in product optimisation, industrialisation and obsolescence management would be beneficial
- The opportunity to be instrumental in the evolution of the Land Ceptor system for both UK and export customers
- The ability to grow your career within a wide engineering sphere with an exposure to all stages of the engineering product lifecycle
- A challenging and varied scope of work with a good mix of short and long term objectives
- You will be responsible for defining, reporting and managing the workload in this area
Join a great team!
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
The Land Ceptor team is a dynamic, international team with a wealth of experience and knowledge to draw from. Set within a matrix organisation you will have the support of the Weapon System Equipment function to provide career development, training and exposure to the wider MBDA engineering function.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.